HaynesPro B.V. is Europe’s leading supplier of digital automotive data. We provide major aftermarket companies with online database solutions that are used by more than 60.000 independent workshops throughout Europe.
Our database is called WorkshopData; it’s the result of over 20 years’ experience of data management which has endowed us with unparalleled insights into bespoke data supply and manipulation for the benefit of our customers. Crucially, we’re not only an automotive company that understands information technology, but it is also an IT company that understands the automotive sector. In essence, WorkshopData enables the professional mechanic to diagnose, maintain and repair modern vehicles, be they cars, light commercial vehicles or trucks. It can be presented in many compelling ways. These variations on presentation include displaying the data in our own familiar and much respected form, or tailoring it to suit customers’ requirements with their own branding, layout and colours through data exchange services.
The HaynesPro team consists of more than 200 professionals who work from offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Italy, Spain, France and Romania.
In 2016 the Haynes Publishing Group acquired OATS Ltd, which is now run as part of HaynesPro. OATS has developed a comprehensive equipment and lubricants database that supports customers from across the lubricants marketing and supply chain. These customers range from original equipment manufacturers, oil companies and lubricant distributors to end users such as workshops, motor parts resellers and garages.
The Automotive content/translation specialist is part of the translations team. You are responsible for coordinating the translation of the source text into the relevant (primarily European) languages. The source language of our texts is English. We work closely with professional translators (native speakers) who translate the texts into their individual languages. The HaynesPro translation team controls the translation process with advanced CAT software which optimises the time spent and minimises the costs involved.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The candidate is responsible for the entire translation process for the assigned languages;
- Plans and manages translation projects based on deadlines and budget
- Sets up and maintains the relationship with freelance translators
- Reviews and facilitates improvements of existing translations together with internal stakeholders
- Maintains translation memory databases
- Maintains the term bases and style guides
- You have an excellent command of Polish; knowledge of Lithuanian, Latvian or German is an advantage
- You have an above average knowledge of automotive technology and the automotive sector
- Experience in translation and localisation project management is a distinct advantage
- You should be available for at least 32 hours a week
- Your commuting time should be less than 1 hour from our office in Leusden
- Knowledge of memoQ or a similar CAT tool is preferred
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- You have strong computer skills gained in a Windows-based environment and are familiar with using computer databases
- You can prioritise your workload and complete work assignments to rigid deadlines
- You are enthusiastic about actively looking to improve on the localization process and gain more knowledge about it