Our team of technical authors is producing automotive technical data (repair and maintenance information) in a standardized format. The data is created in the English language and translated into more than 27 languages. We are looking for a Technical text quality controller (Automotive) to coordinate the standard terminology and control the quality of our English (technical) source text.
The Technical text quality controller will work closely with all staff members in the Content & Editorial department, both the Technical authors and the Translations Department. Initially you will be working under direct supervision of our Content and Editorial Manager and Team Leader Translations.
The person should demonstrate a good degree of flexibility and knowledge not only in the translation process, but also in quality control management. This post does not deal with the direct translation of texts, but is primarily dealing with the coordination and quality control of the source language for translations, in this case English. It therefore demands excellent coordination and communication skills, diplomacy and an excellent knowledge of the English language and good knowledge of linguistics.
Your responsibilities are:
- Checking and improving the translatability of texts
- Controlling the consistency of existing and new texts, both for the preferred language and technical information
- Maintaining the term base and style guides for the English language
- Facilitating proofreading and QA-checking for the English language
- Providing feedback on VST and changes to the technical and translation departments
- Checking and correcting the English translations (texts) from other source languages
- Checking and editing English-language content produced by the Sales and Marketing department
Requirements for the job are:
- Fluent in the English language; high standard of written English; Other languages would be an asset
- Knowledge of French is a distinct advantage
- Good working knowledge of an additional language is an advantage
- Engineering background, preferably in automotive technology
- Knowledge of translation processes and/or CAT tools is an advantage
- Experience in working with non-English speakers, particularly in a training environment, is preferred
- Ability to plan and execute work autonomously
- Accuracy and resourcefulness
- Flexibility and adaptability to the needs of the business
- Knowledge of existing standards in the field of terminology is an advantage
Interested? We'd love to hear from you!
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org